About the Course
To provide participants with the knowledge and skills to enable them carry out manual handling tasks relevant to their work activities in a manner which reduces or eliminates the risk of injury.
Having attended the Training programme, participants will be able to:
· Explain the term manual handling and people handling
· Describe the responsibilities of the employer and employee in relation to manual handling and people handling
· Recognise the structure and function of the spine, how it can be injured and how to keep it healthy
· Carry out a risk assessment using TILE approach
· List the Principles of Safer Manual Handling
· Demonstrate the practical application of the eLearning Manual Handling and People Handling Theory Programme
· Demonstrate the practical application of the 11 Principles of Safer Manual Handling and the manual handling risk assessment process specific to the work activities, work environment and work equipment of employees (as identified in the NHSF Locally Coordinated Training Request Form)
· Demonstrate correctly the manual handling practical techniques as per the NHSF IMH Training Practical Technique Record
· Understand the need to further develop these skills in the workplace
This is placeholder text. To change this content, double-click on the element and click Change Content. To manage all your collections, click on the Content Manager button in the Add panel on the left.